Monday, November 24, 2008

Independent Reading Project MP2

Hi guys,

I wanted to invite you to post some interesting comments about what you are reading independently out of class. Please share the title you are reading and leave a few comments about how it is going so far. Do you like it? Do you dislike it? Could you do without reading it? What would you tell a friend about this book?

I encourage you to comment on each other's posts. Please give feedback whether you are interested in reading their book, have read it, etc.

Happy reading!

Best,
Ms. Grosso

2 comments:

Julie J. said...

I am reading The Host. I already finsished it. I really didn't take me very long and I loved every bit of it. I am a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer, who is the author. This went above and beyond what I had expected. It is about Earth being invaded by Aliens called "souls" who take over human bodies called "hosts". The souls can veiw the memories of the host whether they are present or not because sometimes they don's always diappear. Melanie Stryder is a host who refuses to fade away and can talk to the Wanderer, the soul in her body, any time she wants. Then Wanderer falls for the boy in Melanie's memories who is in hiding with Melanie's brother as wild humans. It is an easy read, though kind of long. I highly recomend this book!

Jordan K said...

The book I read was Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight Series.
This book starts out when Bella is about to get married to Edward. They go on their honeymoon, and Bella "thinks" she has food poisoning, but really she is pregnant. She goes to Carlisle, a doctor, for help and he tells her the news. This baby is more vampire than human so it doesn't like human food. Bella now has to drink blood to have her baby not drink her blood. Then when she finnaly gives birth Edward has to transform her into a vampire. The Volturi, a group of vampires that keep all of thge other vamps in order, find out about this baby vampire and decide to step in. Bella, Edward, and the rest of that family decide to get a ton of friends that are vampires to be witnesses and fight when needed. When the day comes that the Volturi come...

I'm not gonna ruin the ending fo those who didn't read it.