This marking period I decided to continue the series I was reading for the last two reading projects. I am on the third book in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I am enjoying it so much so far. I always enjoyed the movies. There some of my favorites and the books do not disappoint. For this marking period I'm reading Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban. It starts with Harry starting his third year at hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry. With his two best friends Ron and Hermione. There is a new defense against the dark arts teacher named professor Lupin and many new challenges for Harry and his friends. Harry faces fears he never knew he had when he comes face to face with a dementor (a creature who feeds on fear and despair). Whenever Harry comes near one he hears his mother death. So professor Lupin trains Harry to keep them away. While Harry has enough to worry about there is a mass murderer named Sirius Black on the loose, and he seems to be looking for Harry. Harry finds out later that Sirius was a dear friend of his fathers. So Harry ventures out with Ron and Hermione and along the way faces obstacles no other third years could ever imagine.
This is really a great book. I recommend it to anyone. Its probably a favorite of mine now. If your a fan of the movies you'll absolutely love the books. They give you details you don't get from the movies and there really exciting!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hey Katie
I'm not into Harry Potter but it sound like you really enjoyed this book. Did you like the book or the movie better?
Oh, well that is a GREAT question tricia. At first before I read the book I was always a HUGE fan of the movies. And I really like the way they did Prisoner Of Azkaban as a movie. But after I had read the book.. it completely changed my mind. The movie was really great. It was just missing a lot of parts that I loved from the book. But I still enjoy both (;
Hey Katie:)
Thanks for answering my question. Here's another one for you. What do you like most about the author's writing style?
Im afraid that these books may be to big but from your description I would like to read it. Maybe a book in spare time but ove a LONG period of time. It sounds very good.
Kelly M.
I love everything about J.K. Rowling and her writing style, honestly(; haha. What I like the most though.. has to be her suspense and action. Its just so exciting and fun. There is also a lot of funny parts and intense parts. Shes just amazing. Anyway shes just a great writer and the books are really great!
Hey Kelly,
Okay so I had the EXCACT same feeling as you. I was like oh my god I could never read these. There so huge and it would take me forever, but seriously once you start reading you fly through the pages and its just never boring and you dont want to put it down. If you are intrested in the books though, and your not the fastest reader I would suggest reading them over the summer. I hope you get the chance though because there so exciting and great!
hi Katie,
I don't really like the Harry Potter books but it sounds like you enjoyed this book. What do you think is better: The movie of The book?
Katie, can you believe I've never read a Harry Potter book? You may have convinced me to do so!
Hey Ms. Grosso
That is hard to believe! The books really fun and the plot is so intense and it has everything. Romance, action, comedy, EVERYTHING! If you have any spare time you should try them out. They really wont disappoint!
Hey Toni,
That is a good question. I really like both in different ways. The books are better honestly, but the movies are very very close. The book just gives you so much more detail, but its cool seeing it on the big screen. Try the books out there so great!
I would also like to say that I think its great that a women wrote this series because you would think its more a guy book series. Its really not and J.K. Rowling really represents women authors out there. :D
Post a Comment