Sunday, March 21, 2010
Season of Life
The book I am currently reading is called Season of Life. It is a true story about an ex NFL football player named Joe Ehrmann. Joe was a partier and spent most of his day at a bar. But this all changed one day when his little brother died from Cancer. Since that day, Joe has been an extremely religious and active with his church as a minister. But his love for football still stayed. He now coaches his highschool team. But he doesnt coach like a ususal football coach. No screaming and yelling. What he does is teach the boys lessons such as lessons on "false masculinity" one of his favorite topics. False masculinity is when a man thinks he is a man by ways of money, athletic abilty or sex. None of them make u masculine, according to Joe. I am almost done with the book and it has been kind of hard to read so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Matt, this book seems really interesting. I'm happy that you are sticking with it, even though it is difficult. What do you think about this idea of "false masculinity"?
Well personally, I think it is absolutely true. I mean, if your a man, your life shouldn't be revolving on how many girls you score or how your athletic state is or sex. It is all 100% true.
Post a Comment