I am reading "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks. When I first started I was very confused but once I figured out the characters and the story plot it got better. Now that I know whats going on I cant seem to put the book down. So far im just under half way. this book is about two people Noah and Allie. Allie is engaged to a wealthy man but she doesnt seem to connect to him like she did with Noah. Allie revisits Noah more than a decade after their first relationship. Allie stays until dark and the two of them will meet again tomorrow. Noah has something special planned for her tomorrow. Will he bring back great memories?
Kelly M
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I have heard a lot of people rave about this book. From your description it sounds like a book that you just can't put down, without reading the whole thing. Let me know when you finish the book; I am really interested to hear what happens with Allie and Noah's relationship and whether great memories come back for Noah.
Sam D.
the note book is an awesome movie and probably an even better book. how far did you get?
Hey Kelly,
I just finished reading one of Nicholas Sparks books. I can't wait to read this one. I heard the movies really good so I bet the book is to. I can't wait to read it on my own to find out what happens.
Tricia
I have heard a lot of people talk about how good this book is. And yes like Liam sort of said about the movie..i have never read the book or seen the movie but if it is this good as you make it seem i really want you to keep us updated! Maybe i will read it sometime. Thanks for the good idea for a next book to read.
Brianna M. =)
Hi Kelly,
I really would like to read this book in the future, it seems like a really tragic story. I was wondering though. What is the best part about Nicholas Sparks writing style? What do you like about it most?
- Katie (;
"The Notebook" By Nicholas Sparks
I finally finished the book! Yay! iIt was so worth starting. I now understand the book completely. The book ends so happily. Noah end up taking Allie to a beautiful cove on a boat. Allie then stays the night with Noah. Meanwhile, Lon (Allie's Fiance) has been calling her nonstop but never got an answer. He is now wondering whats going on. In the morning Allie's mom arives at Noahs and says that Lon will be coming soon. Allie is in love with two guys, one from being a teen and one more recently. Allie leaves Noah but has mixed feelings. She arives back to her hotel and sees Lons car in the parking garage. The chapter ends.
The next chapter (last chapter) opens with a guy reading to a woman. I find out that the guy is Noah and the woman is Allie. So Allie left Lon for Noah. We find out that they are in an assisted living home at a very old age. Noah is reading to Allie his journal from back when they were first falling for each other. Allie thinks it is a book that he is reading because she has Alzheimers(a disease of forgeting or deteriorating brain). She doesnt know who she is or who Noah is. Some days she does but others she doesnt know. Noah spends four good hours with her and she then starts to see things and forget who Noah is. She flips out and says "Get away and stay away". This breaks his heart and he has to stay away from her now.
Noah then suffers form a seizure, but luckly he survives and one night he decided to sneak into Allie's room and goes over and sticks a beautiful poem he wrote under her pillow and kisses her unknowing if she will reconized who he is. She wakes and says "Noah, I love you" and then she undoes his shirt and the books ends happily with Noah and Allie together! This was the best book I ever read! If you end up reading this book, read the sequel The Wedding. :)
Kelly M.
Kelly, this is one of my favorite books? What do you think of Noah and Allie so far? How great is Noah?
i absolutly love this book. i read the book about ten times. i saw the movie a bunch of times too but the book is definatly better. noah is amazing. absolutly adorable:)nicholas sparks is genius:)
-kelly b
Ms. Grosso,
This is my favorite book ever!! I knew from the beginning that Noah and Allie were meant to be! Noah is like every girls dream man. I just rented the movie.
Kelly M.
Kelly,
I haven't read the book yet, but i really want to. I have seen the movie too may times to count! Tell me how you liked it!
Sam K.
Post a Comment