Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Mysterious Island

The book that I read was called The Mysterious Island. It was wrote by Jules Verne. This book is the story of five men and a dog during the Civil War. They escaped from Richmond in a balloon during a tornado. The tornado didn't stop and the wind riped out the balloon. They landed safely, except one of them and the dog, on a mysterious island. The one that didn't land was the captain and his dog. The others attempted everything to find him. Others adventures happened to them. This book was wrote from 1874 to 1875. It is a very long book, but it is a very complete story with a lot of suspense, imagery and informations. Jules Verne did a great job not using hard words, but easy words so that this book is easily readable. The book might sometimes be a little bit boring but it is very attractive and follow a pattern of an historical story.


Marie-Lys Mollet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book does sound like it can be interesting. Now i want to know what hapens to the man and his dog. You should leave another post saying what happened to them. I would be very interestred to know how everything turned out. =]
MARISA A. =]

Brianna said...

This book sounds interesting, I would want to read it sometime. The only two questions i have are...do they get into quests? Any mysteries involved? This sounds like a very good book.

Brianna M. =)

Gina Grosso said...

Hey Marie! This book sounds interesting. Do you usually like to read mystery novels or is this a new kind of book for you?

Anonymous said...

this book sounds really intresting, I might read it after I finish the series I am reading now. I like this book because it has action, mystery, and imagery.