Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas

I read The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas and I loved it. It is written through the perspective of a nine year old boy who's father is a Nazi general in Hitler's army. Bruno, the boy, must relocate with his family because his father was put on assignment to run a concentration camp. Bruno and his family have to move onto a property that is much smaller than their original home. Their new home has a large backyard and in the distance there is a tall fence. Being a curious nine year old, Bruno ventures out to the fence where he meets a boy on the other side of the fence. The story is breathtaking and although it has a sad ending it is one of the greatest books I have ever read.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
This sounds like a very good book.I've read the back of the book at a bookstore somewhere. I like the fact that met he meets a boy in the concentration camp. Yet, doesn't realize that the boy is really a prisoner.

becca said...

Julie: it sounds like a reallt good book. how do you like it so far? i'm thinking about reading that book next marking period.

Amanda S said...

Julie,

I heard that book was really confusing, but I still want to read it. I think it sounds really cool and all, so I think I will.
Did you find it too advanced or way too confusing at times?

Amanda

Groselle said...

That book sounds great. I think its's a movie too! I know a little about the book and I think it is a great book because it's through a kids eys alot of the time!!

Luke said...

Julie

I saw a preview for the movie of that book but never relized that it was a book. I really want to read it now.