Friday, January 2, 2009
The Hunger Games
I read "The Hunger Games" and I really loved it. The story is told from the perspective of Katniss, a 17 year old living in the ruins of a place called North America. Her nation, Panem, is made up of 12 districts controlled by the powerful and wealthy Capitol. Every year the Capitol shows its power over the districts by taking one girl and one boy from each of the districts and forcing them into a extreme game of survivor, where the 24 kids fight each other to death on nation TV until there is one survivor. Katniss, her mom, and sister live together in the poorest part of District 12. On reaping day town officials call the names of the tributes. The first name is Katniss' 12 year old sister, Katniss quickly volunteers to take her place. Katniss enters the hunger games where she has to fight for survival, her family, and maybe her love, too. Although the book has its gory moments, I thinks its one of the greatest books I have read because of the action, adventure, the small bit of romance, and the rebellion packed into the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Katie~I read this book a couple of months ago and i absolutely loved it too. I read it in a couple of days and I couldn't put it down. I thought it was the perfect mix of action, suspense, rebellion, and romance. It was great! I just lent my copy to my friend, Melissa and I would reccomend it to everyone. =) ~Mary
This book sounds awesome! I think I'm going to check it out.
Post a Comment