Monday, March 28, 2011

City of Bones

For my 3rd marking period Independent Reading Project, I read "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare. City of Bones is a story all about friendship, betrayl, and an entirely different world where demons, werewolves, warlocks, and vampires exist. It starts out when the main character, Clary Fray, and her best friend, Simon, go to a club in New York City called "The Pandemonium." Through all the lights and music, Clary witnesses a murder by 3 mysterious teenagers. Through a bizarre chain of events, Clary is led to a place named "The Institute," after she kills a demon who invaded her house. At the Institute, she meets Shadowhunters--a group of people leading lives where they are trained solely to kill demons. And after her mother goes missing, she and the Shadowhunters go to extreme lengths to find out where Clary's mother is and how she went missing, whether those lengths are rational or not. I thought this book was an amazing book, and would love to continue reading the series. I would reccomend it to anyone who likes anything from action packed thrillers to romance novels; I think everyone should read "City of Bones."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that this was an awesome description about City of Bones. It was very descriptive and it made me want to read it! Plus, it seems pretty popular and a lot of people like it!