Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Last Song, Nicholas Sparks

For my independent reading project, I chose to read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. This book is about a teenage girl named Veronica Miller, Ronnie for short, who has been avoiding her dad for three years. The reason that Ronnie has been shunning her dad is because he left her, her brother and her mom when Ronnie was younger. She and her brother were forced to spend the summer with their dad. Jonah, her brother, is more than happy but Ronnie would rather be anywhere else but there. She is still furious with her dad and going to his house would be the first interaction she would have with him since he left her. He has tried to call, visit, and write letters to her, but nothing worked. When Ronnie first arrived at the house, she left right away. Her dad, Steve Miller, barely got a hello out of her. As if she thought her day couldn’t get any worse, a cute volleyball player named Will crashed right into her spilling soda all over her. She is already sick of the shore, but things come along that make her stay worh while. Other things happen that make her stay unforgettable, which is not necessarily a good thing. In this book, Ronnie learns to forgive, to love, and to most importantly, make every day count.

3 comments:

amanda p said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda p said...

I saw the movie for the last song and it was really good! I think the i will enjoy the book based on the description that you gave. I am excited to maybe read the Last Song for our 4th marking period project because it seems like a great book to read!!

Jessie S said...

I saw this movie and i thought it was a really good movie. I want to read the book too. I enjoyed watching the movie though. I hope to read this book in the future.