Tuesday, March 8, 2011
For my marking period 3 project, I chose the book, "The Art of Racing in the Rain". This book is about a dog, Enzo (narrator), who has always had a happy and joyful like with his owner, Denny. Denny is a famous race car driver and "taught" Enzo how to become a successful race car driver. After about a year or two being raised with just Denny, another person came into their future, Eve. Denny and Eve got married and had a child named Zoe. After a few years of an exciting, travel filled life, Eve got diagnosed with brain cancer. As you would know, with your prior knowledge if this illness, Eve later died. Like Denny isn't already having enough trouble in his life, he is stricken with a few other battles he needs to fight during this novel. If you enjoy comical, serious, mysterious, and heart warming books, please, read "The Art of Racing in the Rain", by Garth Stein.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! Sounds cool! I always thought that racing was cool. I think I might read this book. It sounds really interesting. This was a super great entry... It really made me want to read this book!
For my independent reading project, I am reading the "Illiad," by Homer. I am studying about the great Greeks in social studies, so I thought it might be cool to give it a shot. It describes the adventures of Odysseus in great detail. From being a visitor in a far land, to thinking up clever ways to escape the great cyclops, Odyssius is an exciting character with journeys that are unemaginable to the futeristic brains. It's hard to stay focused while reading, but I'm beginning to really understand the glorius words of Homer.
this sounds like an awsome book. but if i may ask does it involve some kind of villain? i gotta say this sounds like a book i may enjoy.
Zayed, as for a villain, Dennys' wifes parents try to sue him for the custody of the child. that is if you include that as the villain
This sounds like a great book! I can't beleive the dog is telling the story!I really like your summary because you made me want to read the novel but you didn't give away the ending to the novel.
So, the narrator of the story is a dog? Very strange, and his owner taught him to race cars? This is even stranger, if you can, please explain.
Carlos, for your explanation the narrator of the book is really the dog. Enzo wants to come back to life as a human when he dies because he is so astounded of the way they live. it is just through his thoughts and not a voice of course. his owner only had him when he wasnt married with a child. he would explain things about all of his races, watch racing shows, and take him in car rides. a bit confusing but it comes together as you read the story.
This book sounds really good. I love books with animals in them. This book seems really interesting. Your summary about the book was really good.
Nora, this sounds like a very good book! Its sounds so interesting. Did you enjoy reading this book?
Post a Comment