Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Haunted

Haunted, by Judith St. George, is a fantastic novel. It is about a 16 year old boy, named Alex, who takes a job care-taking a very old large estate. He dreams of this summer and how wonderful it will be, but when he arrives all that vanishes. The Red Roof Farm was the scene of a murder. Many weird things happen while Alex is there. It keeps him up at night, and jumping during the day. Everything changes when Alex realizes he and Bruce aren't the only ones living in the estate. A new twist develops when he tries to contact the others. This book creates great images in your mind, and will keep you reading with every page turn. Not too scary, but not too boring either. This book was a great read. I would recommend it to anyone.
                                -Jessica Bracamonte

1 comment:

Dante S said...

This book looks really good. I like books that are fast paced and don't move really slow so this sounds like a great book for me. I hope it is as scary as it sounds because scary always keeps my interest. Another thing I like is imagery, I really like to picture the things in my mind and try to figure out what the people look like too. I will definatley think about reading this book!