Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
For my independent reading project, I decided to read Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. Overall, I thought the book was extremely well written, with a sad but overcoming story line. The story was narrated by 3 people. It was from the point of view of a boy who lost his father in the twin tower attacks, his grandfather, and grandmother. The boy thought that his father had left something behind for him, and went looking in the 5 boroughs of NY for it. For the first 100 pages, I was very confused as to what was going on and I had to re-read a lot in the beginning, to get a hang of it. But, after I was on a role I quickly got reading. This book was I think one of the most adult books I have read even though it was narrated by a 9 year old boy. I really enjoyed reading this book so far. P.s a movie just came out and here's the link for the trailer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I liked how you said that the first 100 pages are boring so if someone wanted to read it they would know what to look for. Also, i liked how you said it was a sad story and who were the narrators since it may be confusing at times when the narrators change. Overall i liked how you worded your summary.
Keren, this sounds like a very interesting book. It is nice that this book is partially narrated by a nine year old boy, and it still manages to be a challenging read. I understand what you mean when you say that it was confusing due to the changes in point of view, since my book is in a similar format. It is hard to remember who is saying what, and it requires complete concentration. Your book seems very fascinating, and I am eager to read it!
Keren, this book sounds interesting,I now want to read it ! I like how you told us the first 100 pages were hard to read so now I will know that in advanced.It reminds me of the book I read , The Help ,because like your book it had three different narrators. Also, the trailer was really helpful, I now somewhat understand the storyline. Thanks for sharing about your book!!!!
Post a Comment