Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Under A War-Torn Sky
The book I chose to read for my IRP is "Under A War-Torn Sky" by L. M. Elliott. It is the story of a WWII bomber pilot, named Henry, who gets shot down behind enemy lines. He tries to make his way to safety with a group of French resistance fighters' help. He moves all over Europe, from England, to France, to Switzerland, and into Spain. On his journey, he runs into many problems and gets captured a few times, but he always manages to escape. He also meets lots of people on his journey that remind him of his family back in the U.S.A. The book keeps you in suspense the whole time, but in the end, he makes it back home to see his family and friends again. This was a great book with lots of action and suspense. It is one of the best books I have ever read and I would recommend reading it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tom, this seems like a great book and I am open to reading it sometime in the future. For my past reading projects I have been searching for a book that either involves people at war or pilots flying planes while at war. "Under A War Torn Sky" seems like it is full of action and filled with intense moments. I was wondering if "Under A War Torn Sky" was non-fictional? If so, I feel this is the perfect book for me and I am going to read it for the fourth marking period reading project. Lastly, I wanted to know how does the main character escape from danger so many times and not lose his life? It would be great if you could comment back and answer my questions.
- Marc T.
Post a Comment