Wednesday, March 28, 2012
My Sisters Keeper Jodi Picoult
I enjoyed this book very much and i personally would recommend this book to anyone. The story is about a girl named Anna who is thirteen years old and has a sister named Kate with acute promyelocytic leukemia. This is a type of blood and bone marrow cancer. Kate was diagnosed with this when she was only two years old and Anna was born and designed to be a perfect match to be Kates donor. Sara, Kates mother, wants Anna to donate a kidney to Kate and Anna doesn't want to go through with any more donations, so she gets a lawyer and sues her parents for the right to her own body. I felt that this was exciting and I could never put this book down.This book is extremely moving and Jodi Picout does an excellent job showing how a family hangs on along a journey with a child having a serious case of leukemia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment