Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

The book, Extremely Loud & Incredibley Close (which is now a major motion picture) by Jonathan Safran Foer, is an amazing and inspiring story. The book is mainly about an eight year old boy, named Oskar, who tells about his journey to find the missing lock to the key he found in his father's closet. His father had been killed in 9/11, and Oskar and his mother have been missing him ever since. Every other chapter or so, you read a letter that was written to Oskar from either his father, grandmother, or grandfather (who he never met). The book tells the story of Oskar's guilt, despair, and journey to find out what the key means, as he meets special people who complete his puzzle along the way. Extremely Loud & Incredibley Close is a great read, that will have you intrigued by Oskar's intricate story and mystery, while keeping you on your toes with his funny remarks. I suggest this novel to any teenager who is looking for a bit of an advanced story while keeping it light and realistic.

2 comments:

Quin D. said...

"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" sounds like a very interesting book worthwhile to read. I'm tempted to read it now! I saw the previews for the movie, but never knew it was based off of a book. Thank you for this information. I will consider reading that book next.

Kristin said...

This sounds like a great book. But it seems a little hard to read, I mean, 9/11 is a tough topic, do you learn how the dad dies or is that what the key leads to? I think I will read the book soon.