Sunday, March 25, 2012
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer 2
Even though I finished my book a while ago, I have learned so many knew things by doing the project. I had to re-read a lot of the book to get information for the study guide. I realized that a lot of what I was reading I did not understand. Therefore, I came to like the book much better because I understood a lot of it more. Looking back now, I realized I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone in our grade. The biggest struggle I had while reading the book was picking up on who was narrating it. It switched for each chapter who was telling the story, which made it kind of confusing. It was not easy to pick up in who was narrating because there was a parallel story going on in the book that jumbled the reading process. Once I re-read a lot of it I began to realize that there were 3 stories being told. Other than than that struggle, I had trouble with creating the setting section of the project. Because my story takes place in NYC I had to get a lot of street names and trace an actual map of New York City. On top of that, I had to also get a picture of the 5 boroughs and trace that too because, my main character travels around New York throughout the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keren-
I was thinking about reading this book for pleasure after my project was done. Do you think it's worth reading?
Post a Comment