Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

A Game of Thrones is about the land of Westeros and the other lands across the sea. As the title foretells the book is about the struggle for power between multiple lords in Westeros and across the narrow sea. In the seven kingdoms a massive war is brooding. I don't want to spoil much for you because I hope you read it but I can say that the land is stuck in a massive power struggle. Conspiracies are flying from tongue to tong and talk of rebellion sweeps the land. Across the sea the last heirs to the old kings of the seven kingdoms are trying to gather an army to retake the land. On top of that, literally, the northern lands of the wall are starting to be troubled with monsters from fairy tales that women tell their children to keep them from misbehaving. All in all this is a great book and a good read.

No comments: