Monday, March 26, 2012
The Help
For the IRP I read the Help. I love this book. It is about African-American maids in the 1960s. It is told by three different people, who each have there own story going one, but most of it is intertwined. First, its told by Aibleen, who is an older maid. She works for Elizabeth Leefolt, and takes care of her daughter Mae Mobley. Her sassy friend, Minny, got fired from working for Hillys (the antagonist and Elizabeths friend) mother. Hilly hates Minny. Minny gets another job for Celia, another woman who Hilly hates. Tee last parts are told by Skeeter. She is a white woman who is friends with Hilly and Elizabeth. She is a writer who wants to write a book from the point of view of the help. The book is all about them writing the book, their personal lives, and the unlikely friendship that arises between Skeeter and the maids. I love this book so much and the movie is good too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment